Practice makes perfect.
· Butter, 40g
· Golden Syrup, 2 Tbspn
· Caster sugar, ¼ cup
· Ground ginger, 1 tsp
· Flour, 1/3 cup
· Rum or Brandy essence, 1/2 tsp
· Lemon rind, ¼ tsp, finely chopped
1. Melt butter and Golden syrup in a pot on a low heat.
2. Remove from heat and add flour, sugar, ginger, rum essence and lemon rind. Mix together.
3. Drop teaspoons of mix onto an oven tray covered with baking paper. Allow 5cm between each drop.
4. Bake in a 2000C oven for 5-7 minutes. Pull them out when they are a dark golden brown.
5. Place on the stove top and allow to cool for 30- 60 seconds. Gently lift with a knife and roll around a greased round handle (or over a small ramekin to make baskets).
6. Let cool to hard and gently remove the snap from the handle.
· Cream, ½ cup
· Vaniila essence, 3 drops
· Icing sugar, 1 Tbspn
Whip the cream with the other ingredients. Scoop into a piping bag with a nozzle and carefully pipe into the brandy snaps.
Arrange nicely on a plate.