But beware of how much sugar is in it.
Sugar makes you crazy (and rots your teeth, makes you fat and gives you type 2 diabetes!).
Lemon Coconut Slice
· Round Slice tin with baking paper
· Measuring cups/spoons
· Mixing bowls
· Wooden spoon
· Cooling rack
· Zester or grater (1 per table)
· Juicer (1 per table)
· Butter, 50g, melted
· Castor sugar, ½ cup
· Egg, 1, beaten
· Lemon rind, 1 tsp (1/2 a lemon)
· Flour, ½ cup
· Baking powder, ½ tsp
· Coconut, 1/4 cup
Lemon Glace Icing
· Icing sugar, ½ cup
· Lemon juice, 1 Tbsp
· Coconut, 1 Tbsp
1. Preheat the oven to 1750C.
2. Grease and line slice tin with baking paper.
3. Mix together the melted butter and sugar, then the egg and lemon rind.
4. Sieve in the flour and baking powder, then mix in the coconut.
5. Spread the mix into the slice tin and pack down.
6. Bake for 25 minutes in the middle of the oven. It should have risen, be spongy and light brown in colour. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on rack.
7. Make the icing by sieving the icing sugar and pouring in the lemon juice and mixing well until spreadable. Add a little hot water if too dry.
8. Carefully spread the icing on the cooled slice.
9. Sprinkle the coconut over the icing.
10. Cut into squares/slices and serve.