Marinated Chicken with Potato Salad
· Wooden chopping board
· Sharp knife
· 2 Pots (per table)
· Enamel dish for chicken
· Oven tray
· Measuring cup/spoons
· Mixing bowl
· Chicken breast, 1
· Selection of marinades (vinegars, sauces, seasonings)
· Potatoes, 1 large or 2 medium or 3 small per group
· Spring onion, 1 stalk
· Eggs, 2
· Mayonnaise, 1 Tbsp
· Salt, to taste
Oven on to 1800C
1. Mix up marinade (no more than ¼ cup) and pour into the enamel dish. Roll the chicken in the marinade and place in the fridge. Take note of where you leave it.
2. Fill up a pot ½ full of hot water and bring to the boil (high heat). Add a pinch of salt.
3. Wash, peel and wash the potatoes. Dice up (1-2cm2) and place in pot.
4. Boil potatoes until just soft (10-15 minutes).
5. Slice up spring onion while waiting.
6. Drain through sieve and let cool down.
7. Place the eggs in the clean pot, cover with warm water and bring to boil.
8. Boil for 8 minutes and then run under cold water for 2 minutes.
9. Peel the eggs and dice up.
10. Add cooled potatoes, egg and spring onion together in a bowl with the mayonnaise and mix together.
11. Remove chicken from the fridge and roast in oven for 20 minutes on the oven tray. Cook until no more blood can be seen and flesh is white. Use the tongs to turn the chicken over.
12. Remove the chicken from oven and slice. Make sure the chicken is cooked properly. Serve slices of chicken on a mound of potato salad.