Warm Salad (Bacon, Egg and Croutons)
· Chopping board
· Sharp knife
· Large mixing bowl
· Small fry pan and fish slice/tongs
· Small pot
· Mesclun salad, 1 cup
· Carrots, 1
· Spring onions, ½ stem
· Parsley sprig, chopped up finely
· Bacon, 3 slices or 1 ramekin.
· Bread, 1 slice, diced
· Eggs, 2
· Oil for frying
1. Add eggs to a pot of hot water. Bring to the boil for 8 minutes. Pour out the hot water and fill pot with cold water.
2. Peel the eggs and chop up. Add to the mixing bowl.
3. Slice up the bread into cubes.
4. Slice up the bacon in small pieces.
5. Fry bacon in oil until crisp. Add the bread and toss through until bread has absorbed the oil and gone crispy.
6. Place into mixing bowl to cool down.
7. Slice the carrot into julienne (matchstick sized pieces), after peeling.
8. Slice up spring onion into thin slices.
9. Chop up the parsley.
10. Add all to the mixing bowl.
11. Add the Mesclun salad to the other ingredients in the bowl.
12. Toss the salad together, mixing all the ingredients through.
13. Serve with tongs onto a plate and eat.