· Pot and lid
· Chopping board
· Sharp knife
· Potato masher (1 per table)
· Mixing bowls
· Measuring spoons/cups
· Small frying pan and fish slice
· 2 Plates and 1 Bowl for crumbing
· Potato, 2-3 peeled, boiled and mashed
· Tinned fish, 1 Tbsp
· Onion, 1/4, finely diced
· Mixed herbs, pinch
· Salt, good pinch
· Parsley, a sprig, finely diced
· Egg, 1, beaten
· Breadcrumbs, 1/3 cup
· Oil for frying
· Flour, ¼ cup, for moulding fish cakes.
1. Wash, peel and wash the potato’s before cutting them up and boiling them.
2. Drain the potatoes when they are soft. Mash when they have dried out a bit.
3. Dice up the onion and lightly fry in a little oil until soft
4. Mix the fish, onion, parsley, herbs and salt in a bowl. Add the mashed potato and mix well.
5. Set up the 3 crumbing bowls (flour, beaten egg and breadcrumbs)
6. Divide the mix into 6-8 even portions. Shape into rounds.
7. Carefully dip each fish cake into the flour, then the beaten egg and finally coat with breadcrumbs. Place on a plate.
8. Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the fish cakes until golden brown on both sides.
9. Drain on a paper towel.
10. Serve with Tartare sauce.