Energy (Chocolate Weetbix) Slice
No demo: students read the recipe and do it themselves. Judging the best presented.
Making a slice, Icing the slice, Cutting the slice. Cooking Assessment check.
Loaf tin and cooling rack
Ingredients (per pair)
Sugar, ¼ cup
Flour, 3/4 cup
Weetbix, 2, crushed
Baking powder, 1/2 tsp
Cocoa, 2 tsp
Coconut, 1/4 cup
Hot water, 3 Tbsp
Icing sugar, ½ cup
Cocoa, 1 tsp
2 knobs of butter, melted
Hot water, 3 tsp
Oven on to 1800C.
1. Melt the butter and sugar in a small pot. Don’t burn the butter!
2. Sieve the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, baking powder) into a large bowl.
3. Add the crushed weetbix and coconut.
4. Pour over the melted butter and sugar and mix together well. Add the water too.
5. Lay the baking paper in the bottom of the loaf tin.
6. Scrape the slice mix into the tin and press down to compact it.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
8. Make the chocolate icing.
9. Remove the slice from the oven and let cool down in the tin for a bit before removing.
10. Place on a plate and ice with chocolate icing.