Chicken Curry and Rice
Chopping boards (wooden for vegetables and white plastic for chicken)
Large fry pan
Microwave container (for potatoes)
Ingredients (per pair)
White rice, long grain, 3/4 cup
Onion, sliced, 1
Garlic, ½ tsp
Oil for frying
Curry powder, 1 tsp
Chicken stock, ¼ tsp
Chicken, 1 thigh/breast, diced,
Potato, 1 medium, peeled, diced and microwaved for 5 minutes
Tomato paste, 2 tsp in 3/4 cup of hot water
Garam Masala, ½ tsp
Chilli powder, ¼ tsp (optional)
Salt for seasoning
1. Bring 3 cups of hot water to the boil.
2. Wash 3/4 cup of rice in a sieve until the water runs clear.
3. Slowly stir in the rice to the boiling water (Be careful!) and add a pinch of salt.
4. Bring back to the boil and boil uncovered for 10 minutes. If the water disappears, add another cup of hot water.
5. Drain through sieve and leave in pot until ready to serve.
1. Place small fry pan on medium heat (6 o’clock).
2. Add a little oil
3. Fry the onions until soft, then add the garlic.
4. Mix the curry powder and chicken stock together and pour over the onions and garlic.
5. Add the chopped chicken and fry with the onion for 2 minutes.
6. Then add the microwaved diced potato.
7. Mix up the tomato paste with the hot water and add to the fry pan.
8. Bring to boil then simmer (turn the heat to low) for 5-10 minutes.
9. Turn off heat and add Garam masala and Chilli powder if needed, stirring through.
1. Season to taste with salt.
1. Serve on white rice.