Remember not to put too much topping on and NO tinned spaghetti!
Use Mozzarella cheese.
Oven tray, oiled
Sharp knife and chopping board
Base Ingredients (per pair)
Dried yeast, 2 tsp
Lukewarm water, ½ cup
High grade flour, 1 ½ cups
Sugar, 1 tsp
Olive oil, 1 tsp
Salt, 1/2 tsp
Tomato paste, 1 Tbsp
Onions, ½, sliced fine
Garlic, 1 clove, crushed and chopped
Cheese, Mozzarella, half cup grated
Plus toppings of your own choice (meats, sauces, vegetables)
Oven on to 2000C and warmer drawer on
1. Mix yeast with warm water and sugar in a small bowl.
2. Sieve the dry ingredients (flour and salt) in a large bowl and make a well in the middle.
3. Pour activated yeast and oil into the dry ingredients and mix to form dough.
4. Knead the dough on a clean, floured bench until smooth and elastic.
5. Place back in an oiled bowl and let rise in the warmer drawer for 20 minutes.
6. Prepare the toppings while you wait.
7. After 20 minutes, remove the dough from the bowl and knock back.
8. Using a floured rolling pin, roll out the dough to a circular shape.
9. Place the pizza dough on the oiled or floured oven tray.
10. Smear the tomato paste on the base.
11. Arrange the toppings and cheese.
12. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
13. Slide off the oven tray onto a board and slice up.