Homemade Crumbed Fish and Oven Fries
· Chopping board and sharp knife
· Oven dish
· Plates/bowls for crumbing
· Small frypan
· Glass bowl for microwaving
· Tongs or fish slice
· Measuring cups/spoons
· 1 Whole fish, to produce 2 fillets, skinned and boned
· 2-3 Potatoes, cleaned and cut into wedges
· Egg, 1 whisked
· Breadcrumbs, ½ cup
· Flour, ½ cup
· Seasoning (salt, pepper, herbs)
· Oil for frying
· Lemon slices
· Ramekin of Tartare sauce
1. Ovens on to 1750C.
2. Wash and wedge the potatoes.
3. Microwave for 8 minutes.
4. Place into oven dish then oil and season.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes
6. Fillet the fish. Wash the fillets and dry on paper towels.
7. Set up the crumbing bowls (flour, egg and then seasoned breadcrumbs).
8. Crumb the fillets by dusting in the flour first, then dunk in the egg and finally roll in the breadcrumbs. Place on a separate plate when finished.
9. Heat up the fry pan (medium heat) and add some oil. Place the crumbed fillets in the pan and fry until golden brown on either side. Take the fish out of the pan and dry on paper towels.Serve the wedges and crumbed fish on a plate. Garnish with lemon slices and a dollop of tartare sauce