And you can alter the flavour to suit your taste.
Don't buy the frozen sausage rolls again, make your own!
Beef Sausage Rolls
Wooden chopping board
Ingredients (makes six 10cm sausage rolls)
Beef mince (or spinach if vegetarian), 1 ramekin
Onion, ½, diced finely
Breadcrumbs, 1/3 cup
Egg, 1, whisked up
Tomato paste/sauce, 1 tsp
Seasoning (salt, pepper, herbs etc)
Flakey puff pastry, 1 sheet
Parsley, 1 tsp, chopped finely
Flour for rolling
Egg wash with pastry brush
Oven on to 2000C
1. Combine beef mince, diced onion, breadcrumbs, tomato paste, chopped parsley and whisked egg into a bowl and mix well with wooden spoon.
2. Season and mix again.
3. Sprinkle some flour on to the clean bench, divide the mince into half and roll out mince mix into 2 long sausages.
4. Set out the sheet of puff pastry and cut in half.
5. Roll the mince onto the middle of each pastry sheet and roll up the pastry, sealing the edge by brushing with egg/water mixture.
6. Brush more egg/water mix over the sausage roll.
7. Cut the sausage rolls into 10cm lengths.
8. Place on the oven tray and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
9. Serve with a small amount of tomato sauce.