The oil replaces butter and milk. The carrots adds colour, fibre, nutrition and juice to the cake.
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
Small round cake tin and baking paper
Large and small bowl
INGREDIENTS (per pair)
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup carrot (grated)- use 1/2 a big carrot
2 eggs (beaten)
1/4 cup oil
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 tsp lemon juice
½ cup icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Line a small round cake tin with baking paper.
3. Place all ingredients into a large bowl and beat well.
4. Pour mixture into loaf tin.
5. Bake for approximately 20-30 minutes until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
6. Remove the cake from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the tin.
7. Add the icing ingredients together in a small bowl and beat until smooth.
8. When the cake is cool, ice with the cream cheese icing.