· Strong flour (lots of gluten), 1 cup
· Salt, ½ tsp
· Olive oil, 2 tsp
· Eggs, 2 (beaten)
Spinach/ tomato puree for colour (optional)
1. Sieve the flour and salt together.
2. Make a well in the middle of the flour and add the oil, colour and beaten eggs.
3. Mix and knead to form a smooth dough.
4. Cover the dough and allow to rest at room temp for 30 minutes.
5. Roll out and cut into required shapes.
Basic Bacon and Tomato sauce
· Onions, ½ ,diced
· Garlic, 1 clove, crushed
· Tomato, ½ tin
· Bacon pieces
· Fresh basil, 3 leaves, chopped
· Salt and pepper
· Olive oil
· Parmesan cheese, ¼ cup
1. Heat up a small fry pan.
2. Add a little olive oil and then fry the onions until soft.
3. Add garlic and tomatoes. Simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add the Basil leaves, season and remove from the heat.
5. Boil the fresh pasta for about 3-5 minutes in lots of salted water and drain.
6. Arrange on a plate and pour the sauce over the top.
7. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the top and serve.