Ingredients (per pair)
2 sheets of Nori
½ cup sushi rice
2 tsp rice vinegar
2 tsp sugar
¼ tsp salt
2 Carrot sticks
2 Cucumber sticks
1 Egg (beaten and fried)
1 Tbsp tinned tuna/salmon
1Tbsp soy sauce
Small dab of Wasabi
4 slices of pickled ginger
1. Wash the rice through a sieve.
2. Place the rice in a pot and cover with water (1 cup). Put a lid on.
3. Bring to boil for 2 minutes.
4. Reduce heat and cook for 20 minutes on a low heat. Keep lid on.
5. Mix up the vinegar, salt and sugar while you are waiting.
6. Take pot off the heat and remove lid. Place a dry tea towel over the rice and replace lid. Let sit for 10 minutes.
7. Spread rice on to a tray.
8. Sprinkle the vinegar mixture and mix through. Allow to cool.
9. Prepare the Filling and Dipping.
10. Place Nori on the bamboo rolling mat, rough side up.
11. Using wet fingers, spread the rice over the Nori leaving a 2-3 cm space at the top.
12. Arrange the fillings 3-4 cm from the nearest edge. Make into a clean line across the rice.
13. Using the bamboo mat, roll the Nori over the top and make a cylinder of the Nori with the rice and filling in the middle.
14. Use water to stick down the edge of the Nori.
15. Carefully slice using a wet knife into 2cm sections.
16. Serve with wasabi, soy sauce and pickled ginger.