This recipe makes a delicious cake. We use a flavourless oil, instead of butter/milk.
Just watch your sugar intake. There is a lot of sugar in the cake and the icing.
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
Large and small bowl
INGREDIENTS (per pair)
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup carrot (grated)- use 1/2 a big carrot
2 eggs (beaten)
1/4 cup oil
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 tsp lemon juice
½ cup icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
3. Place all ingredients into a large bowl and beat well.
4. Pour mixture into loaf tin.
5. Bake for approximately 30 minutes until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
6. Remove the cake from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the tin.
7. Add the icing ingredients together in a small bowl and beat until smooth.
8. When the cake is cool, ice with the cream cheese icing.