If you use a metal muffin tray at home, don't forget to spray it with oil first to stop the muffins stick.
Chocolate Chip Muffins
Muffin tray (silicone)
Ingredients (makes 6 large muffins)
Butter, 25g, soft
Brown sugar, 1/2 cup
Wholemeal flour, ½ cup
Plain flour, ½ cup
Baking powder, ½ tsp
Baking soda, 1/2 tsp
Salt, small pinch
Milk, 1/2 cup
Chocolate chips, 1 ramekin
Oven on to 1750C
1. Cream the butter and sugar in a small bowl.
2. Beat in the egg.
3. Sift the wholemeal flour, plain flour, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl. Add in the chocolate chips.
4. Dissolve the baking soda in the milk in a measuring cup.
5. Add the contents of all bowls and measuring cup together.
6. Fold gently together. Do not over-mix!
7. Spoon into large muffin tray (use 6).
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until risen and soft, not mushy.
9. Remove from oven and let cool down before removing from muffin tray.
10. Dust with cocoa and icing sugar to finish.