Filo Triangles (Mince and Vegetable)
· Oven tray
· Small fry pan
· Mixing bowl
· Wooden spoon
· Measuring cup
· Chopping board and knife
· Pastry brush
· Filo pastry (4 sheets- 2 per person)
· Butter, 25g, melted in ramekin
· Cheese, 1 Tbspn
· Mince, 1/4 cup
· Frozen Mixed vegetables,1/2 cup
· Onion, ½ sliced
· Seasoning (small pinch of salt, pepper, herbs, curry powder)
· Oil for frying
1. Slice the onion and fry in a little oil until soft.
2. Add the mince first, brown then add the mixed vegetables into the fry pan and cook until soft.
3. Mix this together with the cheese and seasonings in a mixing bowl. Allow to cool.
4. Melt the butter in a measuring cup in the microwave.
5. Lay out the filo pastry and brush each sheet lightly with butter, using the pastry brush.
6. Lay the 2 sheets of pastry on top of each other and cut 4 strips (down the long side).
7. Place a small amount of filling on the bottom of the pastry and fold triangles up the strip.
8. Place folded side down onto a greased oven tray and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes at 1900C.