I have cut the cake in half, spread some jam on the bottom half and put the other half on the top with some whipped cream.
· Large mixing bowls
· Measuring cup/spoons
· Cake tin (round or square)
· Baking paper or flour dusting
· Cooling rack
· Wooden spoon or spatula
· Eggs, 3
· Sugar, 3/4 cup
· Flour, 1 cup
· Baking powder, 1 tsp
· Salt, pinch
· Butter, 25g, melted
· Cream, 1/4 cup, whipped
· Jam, 1 Tbspn
Oven on to 1500C.
1. Beat the eggs and salt together.
2. Add sugar and beat until thick.
3. Sift flour and baking powder together.
4. Carefully add to egg mixture.
5. Fold in the butter.
6. Pour into a greased and lined deep cake tin.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until cake springs back.
8. Drop the cake on the bench to knock out some of the air and trap the rest.
9. Leave for 10 minutes to cool down in tin before turning out onto a cooling rack. Carefully cut in half.
10. Whip the cream.
11. Carefully spread the jam on the top of the sponge.
12. Serve with the cream.