· 2-3 Apples (any tasty kind will do!)
· 1 tsp of Cinnamon
· 2 tsp of Sugar
· 1 and 1/2 Cups flour
· 1 ½ tsp of baking powder
· 1/2 teaspoon of salt
· 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
· 1 cup of sugar
· 1/4 cup of orange juice
· 1 & 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
· 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180 Degrees Celcius
- Butter or oil a cake tin.
- Remove skin and cores from the apples. Chop up apples into small cubes and place in a bowl.
- Sprinkle Cinnamon and 2 tsp of sugar over apples then lightly shake it until the apples are coated. Set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix oil, orange juice, sugar, vanilla and eggs. Mix well.
- Add wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix together lightly until mixed well.
- Add half of the container of apples into the mixture and mix lightly.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin.
- With the remaining apples, sprinkle these on top of the cake.
- Evenly pour the remaining juices from the apple container - this gives the cake more moisture and sweetness.
- Bake at 180c for around 40 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Serve hot with ice cream, or even amazing to eat on its own!