It is just cocoa mixed with oil, lots of sugar and milk powder.
If your chocolate does not contain cocoa butter, then it is pretty average chocolate.
Good quality chocolates are very rich, smooth and are not sweet.
Try some and you will experience the real taste of chocolate.
This recipe is a quick simple dish that will have children and adults alike eating lots of fruit.
Use dark compound chocolate chips to melt (dairy milk chocolate does not melt) in a double boiler.
You do not need a lot of cream to make the ganache.
Fresh Fruit kebabs with Ganache (Chocolate sauce)
· Wooden chopping board and sharp knife (large or small)
· 2 mixing bowls
· Measuring cup/ spoons
· Wooden spoon
· Kebab sticks (4 per pair)
· Small pot
· Selection of seasonal fresh fruit (4 total)
· Cream, 2 Tbspn (30 ml)
· Dark Chocolate, ramekin
1. Select the fruit then wash and peel and slice/dice into medium size chunks.
2. Carefully skewer on the kebab sticks in a regular pattern and place on a clean plate.
3. Melt the chocolate in the double boiler (mixing bowl sitting inside the pot ½ full of boiling water).
4. Pour the cream into the measuring cup and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds.
5. Whisk the hot cream into the melted chocolate until silky smooth.
6. Pour over the fruit kebabs.