Try to have some kick to your soup, in terms of spiciness.
Noodles in the bowl first, pour over the soup and top with boiled egg, mung bean sprouts, spring onion, coriander leaves and chilli flakes.
Thai Red/Green Curry (Laksa)
· Large frying pan
· Chopping board and sharp knife
· Measuring cups/spoons
· Red or green curry paste, 1-3 tsp (mild, medium, hot)
· Coconut milk, 1 cup (250ml)
· Fresh ginger, 2cm cube, shredded
· Lime juice, 1 tsp
· Chicken (or pork or prawns), 1 breast, cut into chunks
· Thai fish sauce, 1 tsp
· Chicken stock, 1 cup (250ml), hot
· Bean sprouts, half a handful
· Palm sugar, ½ tablet, crushed or 2tsp brown sugar
· Chinese cabbage/ spinach/ cabbage, ¼, shredded
· Coriander leaves, chopped
· Spring onion, 1 stalk sliced up
· Chilli flakes, light sprinkling
· Rice noodles
· 2 Eggs, to boil
· Oil for frying
1. Place the curry paste into a large oiled frying pan on medium heat.
2. Stir fry for 1 minute.
3. Add the chicken stock and bring to boil.
4. Add coconut milk and bring to boil. Turn heat down and simmer.
5. Add fish sauce, shredded ginger, lime juice and palm/brown sugar.
6. Add the chicken and Chinese cabbage to soup and simmer for 15 minutes. Season.
7. Boil eggs for 8 minutes, cool and peel.
8. Boil a pot of water for the noodles, cook until soft then drain.
9. Add the noodles and bean sprouts to bowls.
10. Pour the soup over the noodles and garnish with fresh coriander, boiled eggs, spring onion and chilli flakes.