The beans in this recipe covers your protein.
The Guacamole replaces the sour cream. Avocado's contain lots of good oil and vitamins.
Add Tabasco/ chilli flakes to taste. You have to have a bit of kick to it.
Mexican Beans & rice on Tortillas with Guacamole.
Mexican Bean Ingredients
· Red kidney beans, ½ can
· Onion, ½, diced
· Garlic, 1 clove, crushed and chopped
· Tomato paste, 2 tsp
· Lemon juice, ½ tsp
· Salt, ½ tsp
· Cumin powder, ¼ tsp
· Tabasco sauce, ¼ - ½ tsp.
· Hot water, ½ cup
· Oil for frying
1. Fry the onions and garlic in the oil until soft.
2. Add the beans to pan and heat through.
3. Add the tomato paste, hot water, Lemon juice and cumin powder. Bring to the boil then simmer for 15 minutes until thick.
4. Add the salt and Tabasco sauce to taste.
· White rice, 1 cup, washed
· Hot water, 2 cups
· Salt, pinch
1. Wash the rice in a sieve.
2. Add the rice to the water in a pot.
3. Add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil.
4. Boil for 5 minutes and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Drain through a sieve ready to mix with Mexican beans.
· Avocado, 1, flesh removed
· Lime juice, 1 Tbsp
· Tabasco, 1/4 tsp
· Garlic, 1 clove, crushed and finely chopped
· Salt, a pinch to taste.
1. Remove the flesh from the avocado.
2. Quickly chop.
3. Add the Lime juice and Tabasco.
4. Mix in finely chopped garlic and salt.
5. Mash into puree.
· Tortillas, 4 per pair
· Lettuce, ¼
· Carrot, 1, grated
· Cheese, 1 ramekin, grated,
· Mexican beans and rice
1. Fill a tortilla with a selection of the above ingredients.
2. Fold from the bottom and from the sides to form a nice packet.