This is a simple and tasty dish.
Remember to try to buy free range pork/bacon/ham if possible.
Warm Salad (Bacon, Egg and Croutons)
· Chopping board
· Sharp knife
· Large mixing bowl
· Small fry pan and fish slice/tongs
· Small pot
· Mesclun salad, 1 cup
· Carrots, 1
· Spring onions, ½ stem
· Tomato, ½ diced
· Bacon, 3 slices
· Bread, 1 slice, diced
· Celery, 1 stem
· Eggs, 2
· Oil for frying
1. Add eggs to a pot of hot water. Bring to the boil for 8 minutes. Pour out the hot water and fill pot with cold water.
2. Peel the eggs and chop up. Add to the mixing bowl.
3. Slice up the bread into cubes.
4. Slice up the bacon in small pieces.
5. Fry both in oil until crisp. Place into mixing bowl.
6. Grate the carrot, after peeling.
7. Slice up celery and spring onion into thin slices.
8. Dice up the tomato into small dice. Add all to the mixing bowl.
9. Add the Mesclun salad to the other ingredients in the bowl.
10. Toss the salad together, mixing all the ingredients through.
11. Serve with tongs onto a plate and eat.
Pork production- video on sow crates, farrowing crates and fattening pens.
(Sunday TV1 Pig Farming Expose, SAFE love pigs campaign).
It is a fact that pigs are more intelligent than most dogs. They deserve to be treated as well as dogs.
Pet pigs can be trained to do simple tasks.