Cupcake cases (12 small or 6 large)
Small or large muffin tray
Ingredients (per pair- makes 6 large or 12 small cupcakes)
Butter, soft, 50g
Sugar, ¼ cup
Flour, ½ cup
Baking powder, 1 tsp
Vanilla essence, ½ tsp
Milk, 4 Tbsp
Icing sugar, 1/2 cup
Melted butter, ½ tsp
Hot water, 2 1/2 tsp
Food colouring, 2 drops
Oven on to 1900C.
1. Cream butter, vanilla and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add the egg, beating well.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder together.
4. Fold into the creamed mixture.
5. Stir in the milk. Don’t overmix!
6. Place the cases into the tins.
7. Spoon the mixture evenly into the paper cases.
8. Bake for 15 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly touched.
9. Remove from oven and place cupcakes on the cooling rack.
10. Make up the icing with the required colour.
11. Use a spoon and ice the cupcakes when they are cool.
12. Share the icing around the class so everybody gets different colours.