This pudding contains lots of sugar and fat.
It will make children hyperactive and is bad for your teeth and body.
Please eat small amounts of it or have it with a fruit salad.
To cut through the richness of the pudding, I used mandarine segments to provide colour and citrus flavours. Oranges can also be used or any fresh fruit for that matter.
Self-Saucing Chocolate Pudding.
Ingredients: (per pair)
3/4 cup plain flour and 3/4 tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp cocoa
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
75g butter (melted)
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
1 orange for garnish
3/4 cup boiling water
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp cocoa
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and lightly grease a 3 cup capacity oven proof dish.
- In a mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa and stir in the sugar.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients.
- Pour in the milk, vanilla and butter and mix quickly to form a stiff mixture.
- Spread the batter into the prepared oven dish.
- Mix the boiling water, sugar and cocoa together and pour over the back of a spoon, evenly over the batter.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until the sponge is cooked. Place a tray under the oven dish to stop spillages.
- Remove from oven and let cool down for 5 minutes.
- Zest and peel the orange, slice into segments to use as garnish on the pudding.
- Cut and serve on a plate with orange zest and segments.