The trick to cooking fish is not to overcook it. Brown it in the frypan first then into the oven for 10-15 minutes.
Serve with Tartare sauce and lemon slices.
Homemade Crumbed Fish and Oven Fries
· Chopping board and sharp knife
· Oven dish
· Plates/bowls for crumbing
· Small frypan
· Pot for boiling
· Tongs or fish slice
· Measuring cups/spoons
· 2 fillets, skinned and boned, cut into large pieces
· 2-3 Potatoes, cleaned and cut into wedges
· Egg, 1 whisked
· Breadcrumbs, ½ cup
· Flour, ½ cup
· Seasoning (salt, pepper, herbs)
· Oil for frying
· Lemon slices
· Ramekin of Tartare sauce
1. Ovens on to 1750C.
2. Wash and wedge the potatoes.
3. Boil for 6 minutes and drain to dry.
4. Place into oven dish then oil and season.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes
6. Cut up the fish.
7. Set up the crumbing bowls (flour, egg and then seasoned breadcrumbs).
8. Crumb the fillets by dusting in the flour first, then dunk in the egg and finally roll in the breadcrumbs. Place on a separate plate when finished.
9. Heat up the fry pan (medium heat) and add some oil. Place the crumbed fillets in the pan and fry until golden brown on either side.
Take the fish out of the pan, place on an oven tray and cook through in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
10. Serve the wedges and crumbed fish on a plate. Garnish with lemon slices and a dollop of tartare sauce.