All you need is some apples and some puff pastry.
Cook your apples with cinnamon, lemon juice and a little sugar until they are soft.
Cut pastry into squares and fold into triangles with the apple inside. Stick together with egg wash. Bake until golden brown.
Apple and Cinnamon Turnovers
· Peeler and Corer
· Small fry pan
· Sharp knife and chopping board
· Measuring cups/spoons
· Baking tray
· Mixing bowl
· Apples, 1, peeled, cored and sliced
· Butter, 2 knobs
· Sugar, 1 tsp
· Cinnamon, ¼ tsp
· Lemon juice, ¼ tsp
· Water, 1 tsp
· Puff pastry, 1 sheet
· Egg wash
· Yoghurt, 1 Tbspn
Oven on to 2200C.
1. Peel, core and slice up the apples.
2. Melt the butter in a small fry pan on a medium low heat.
3. Add the apples, sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice and water.
4. Cook gently until apples are soft.
5. Allow apples to cool down by placing in large mixing bowl.
6. Cut the puff pastry sheet into 4 squares (quarters).
7. Place a spoonful of apple near the middle of each square.
8. Egg wash the edge of the pastry and fold over into a triangle and seal the edges well with a fork.
9. Egg wash the top and sprinkle a little sugar over it.
10. Make a small hole in the top of the pastry to allow steam to escape.
11. Place sugar side up on a baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes.
12. Serve with a dollop of yoghurt on the side.