This dessert has 3 different types of dairy products in it (butter, cream cheese and cream) so it is very rich and full of fat. It also contains gelatine to make it set. Gelatine is a beef product, made from the skin, hooves and horn of cows.
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake (set method)
· Small round tin
· Baking paper (to fit in the bottom of tin)
· Measuring cups/spoons
· Small mixing bowl
· Rolling pin
· Chopping board
· Whisk/ egg beater
· Biscuit crumbs (from 6 biscuits)
· Butter, 50g, melted
· Cream cheese, 2 Tbsp
· Icing sugar, 1 heaped Tbsp
· Cocoa powder, 1 tsp
· Lemon juice, 1/2 tsp
· Vanilla essence, ¼ tsp
· Gelatin, 1 tsp
· Hot water, 4 tsp
· Cream, ¼ cup, whipped
· Chocolate chips, 1 ramekin, heated in microwave.
1. Crush up the biscuit with the rolling pin on the chopping board.
2. Melt the butter in a measuring cup in the microwave and then mix it with the biscuit crumbs.
3. Line the bottom of the tin with the baking paper.
4. Pack the buttery biscuit crumb into the bottom of the tin.
5. Place into the fridge.
6. Beat the cream cheese, cocoa and icing sugar until they are soft.
7. Mix the lemon juice, vanilla essence and hot water together.
8. Dissolve the gelatin in the lemon juice mixture. Heat in microwave if necessary.
9. Stir the gelatin mixture in with the cream cheese mixture.
10. Fold in the whipped cream.
11. Add the heated chocolate chips to this mix and pour into the chilled base from the fridge.
12. Return to the fridge to set for 20-30 minutes.
13. Carefully remove from the tin, cut up and serve.